- The Website – Refers to the website, tools and applications found on the trychec.com website.
- The Company – Refers to the company Swipe Inc. We made Chec.
- The Service – Refers to the use of the website, tools and applications found on trychec.com & ch.eckout.com.
What is personal data?
Personal Data – Refers to data that would allow someone to be able to identify or contact you.
Examples of personal data; name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other forms of associated non-public personally identifiable information that is linked to you or your personal data.
What is anonymous data?
Anonymous Data – Refers to data that is not associated with or linked to your personal data.
Examples of anonymous data include; traffic analytics, user trends and other forms of aggregated data. Anonymous data does not, by itself, allow the identification of individual persons or accounts.
Do I have to provide personal data?
To browse the website you do not need to provide any personal data, however in order to use The Service you will need to provide some essential personal data for security and processing purposes.
If you have provided us with Personal Data, you are no longer anonymous and you consent to the transfer and storage of that data on our secure United States servers.
What personal data will we collect and store?
- Identity data Name, e-mail address, phone number, contact information etc.
- Financial data Such as credit card or bank account numbers.
- Transaction data Buying, selling, content creation and other activities performed during your use of The Website.
- Logistical data Shipping, billing and other information you provide when purchasing.
- Community data Messages, dispute resolution, feedback, correspondence through The Website and correspondence sent directly to us.
- Interaction data Data from your interaction with The Website, Service and content, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics for page views & traffic, IP address and other web log information.
- Security data Data you to submit to authenticate yourself. We may ask for this if we believe you are violating site policies.
For example, we may ask you to send us proof of identity in the form of a utility bill or other identifying source to verify your address. We may also ask you to answer additional questions to verify your identity or ownership of a product.
- Demographic data Data from other companies such as demographic and navigation data.
- Correspondence data When you provide us feedback or otherwise contact, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the correspondence. This is done so that we can reply to you in the future.
- Third party data Any additional information provided by third parties.
What are cookies?
"Cookies" are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Website. We use;
- Session Cookies These will expire once you close your web browser
- Persistent Cookies These will stay on your computer until you delete them. Assistance with this can be found in your browsers help section.
We do this to provide you with a personalised and interactive experience whilst using The Website.
How do we use third party data?
We may on occasion receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from Third party companies who we work with.
When these third party companies and/or individuals supply us with Personal Data, we may add this data to the data we already have provided by you in order to improve The Service we provide.
Third-Party Login and registration
We may offer login services that allow you to use third party login details to sign into The Website. With your permission, we may also transfer to The Website profile information contained in your third-party profile.
We may also, for your convenience, enable you to import information about yourself and your contacts, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites. If you wish to disable sharing, you will be able to do so.
What information will be shared by The Website?
Some information you provide, such as your seller name, may be displayed throughout the Website, and thus also available to the public.
What information will be shared on my computer?
If you access The Website from a shared computer or a computer in an public library for example, some information about you may be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Data is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and tailored experience. You agree that we may use your Personal Data to:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network.
- Identify you as a user in the system
- Send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided on sign up.
- Respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests.
- Provide The Service and customer support you request.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- Customize, measure and improve The Service and content.
- Tell you about The Service, updates, and promotional offers based on your preferences.
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- Any other uses described at the time of data collection.
Creating anonymous data sets
We may create Anonymous Data sets from Personal Data by excluding personally identifiable information. We use this Anonymous Data to enhance the content of The Service and improve site navigation.
We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may disclose Personal Data to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or to protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
This information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Who else could personal data shared with?
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations
Examples include; fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs.
Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service.
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Chec User to legal liability.
In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP/post code, telephone number, e-mail address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, transaction history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your Personal Data may also be transferred as a business asset.
Using Information provided by The Website
The Website enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information.
To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other Users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments.
When Users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, e-mail address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other Users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use User information only for:
- Chec transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through The Website e.g. Shipping and fraud complaints
- Other purposes that a User has expressly chosen
Spam and email scanning
- We don’t like spam.
- You don’t like spam.
- Make sure to set your communication preferences how you like them.
- You are not licensed to add other Users, even a User who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (e-mail or physical mail) without their express consent.
- To report spam to us, please forward the e-mail to *********@******** or report using the form on The Website.
- We may automatically scan and manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
How to best protect your Password?
- Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Chec password to anyone.
- If you do share your password or your Personal Data with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account.
- If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
How is the information stored?
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United Kingdom.
We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other Users may abuse or misuse your Personal Data that they collect from the Website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Data or private communications will always remain private.
Accessing, reviewing, changing and removing your personal data
- You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your settings within your account or by sending an e-mail to our customer services.
- You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
- Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your Personal Data from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law.
- If you disclose your information to others, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them.
- We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable.
We urge you learn about and to be sure before you disclose your personal data to others.
- These changes will be effective immediately for new Users of our Service.
- Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your Personal Data to provide us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice.
- Continued use of our Website or Service following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.